Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Separation

Edward Jeffrey
@edward-jeffrey
12 years ago
18 posts
I have to separate a lot of my dreads on a pretty much daily basis, and some of them multiple times in a day, which doesn't seem right and it feels like it might be weakening the roots. What am I doing wrong that they keep re-combining so fast?In case it's relevant, I'm using Knotty Boy Liquid Dreadlock Shampoo every 4 days and keeping it dry the rest of the time, plus a BS/ACV wash once a month.
updated by @edward-jeffrey: 02/14/15 10:49:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why use anything from knottyboy

and when u seperate how much of the dreads have hair connecting..i mean is it a few hairs between each drad or an inch or so of hairs connecting it seems like it sjh]hould be imporssible toneed that much weekly generaly is plenty

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Edward Jeffrey
@edward-jeffrey
12 years ago
18 posts

It's enough that the dreads won't move freely until I separate them, but not a particulary large amount of hair. It basically looks like my dreads have a thin webbing connecting them to each other

Edward Jeffrey
@edward-jeffrey
12 years ago
18 posts

is knottyboy not a good brand to use then?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

knottyboy is a scam they destroy dreads for profit they should be boycotted at all cost and i wouldnt even buy a bead from them

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

at the scalp or between the dreads

if at the scalp leave it if it extends up between the dreads seperate

Edward Jeffrey said:

It's enough that the dreads won't move freely until I separate them, but not a particulary large amount of hair. It basically looks like my dreads have a thin webbing connecting them to each other

--
Edward Jeffrey
@edward-jeffrey
12 years ago
18 posts

Usually between half an inch to an inch and a half from the scalp. If it's closer to the scalp than that I usually just leave it alone. Should I stop using the shampoo? It was pretty expensive and I don't want to just throw it away...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its ok its not the best but i just wouldnt ever give them another cent

get some from www.dreadlockshampoo.com they are way beter

way more ethical too

--
Edward Jeffrey
@edward-jeffrey
12 years ago
18 posts

Thanks, I'll finish off this bottle and see how much of the stuff on that site I can get hold of in the UK

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u gotta order it online from that site and tip

the shipping ids flat rate boxes so you can fit 3 4 maybe 5 in before the shipping goes up so if u order the maz that fits in a box the shippings more reasonable

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form