Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

For those swimmers out there

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

There's apossibility. But when I rinse after the BS part of the wash, I rinse for a minute or 2 and wring out my hair during and after. Then the ACV will get absorbed. Then I rinse and wring out my hair before doing a cold water rinse.

If there is a small amount of BS that gets mixed with the ACV, it won't hurt your. you start out with 1/2 cup of it. Once you rinse it out, if any is left, it's probably in the 1/8 of a tbls range. And that little, spread out all over all of your hair, won't create much of a chemical reaction

updated by @baba-fats: 07/23/15 06:55:02PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

It wasn't so much the chemical reaction that I was thinking about. It's more about BS staying in your hair after you've finished your wash. It may be a small amount, but left in for days, coupled with the cumulative effects regular washing could, possibly, lead to brittle hair. Maybe the effects are negligible, but I think I will rinse with water before a BS wash from now on. Better to be safe than sorry, as they say.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's fine. I agree. It's better to be safe. But that's why I rinse once with warm water, then wring my hair out, and then rinse again with cold water, and wring my hair out again.

But if it makes you more comfortable and gives you peace of mind, I can't blame you. It's not a bad idea at all

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

This is totally off topic, but I always rinse my hair just before I pour the bs. I just like the feeling of water running thru my hair lol

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I do too, but I think It's out of habit of getting my hair wet before I wash it. I'm sure you could just use the BS without rinsing it first, but I'm sure you could just pour the BS mix on when dry. I don't think it would have adverse effects. But for 20 years I rinsed my hair first, so it's a hard habit to break

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Exactly. We didn't put shampoo on dry hair before did we? It's a habit to get hair wet first...

Speaking of which, I can not wait to wash my hair today. Just sayin....

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I just washed about 45 minutes ago. I just love how it feels

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts
Usually i wash my hair in the garden. I fill a bottle with bs mix and start with dry hair. With winter approaching ill be moving inside. So all good.o
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

I've had several near drowning experiences when I was little. You'd think that'd keep me out of the water. No, it just made me a little psycho during the first swim of the season in 'the lake'. I get a bit panicky swimming out to the bouy, but by the time I'm on my way back I'm fine. I still hate flying tho. And heights. And big spiders. That's beside the point tho.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form