Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My zig zags and loopy loops!!

Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts

Pretty much every morning and definately after a wash, my dreads are super ziggy and loopy. I have tried to ignore it but I cant stand it because my hair is so fine that each one is so noticeable.

I have a few that I can just pull on and like a sleeve it slides down inner hairs and straightens out.

So, I have found that if I grab each dread one by one and start at the root and run my fingers down to the ends it somewhat takes out these ziggies until the next wash. I realize that the loops and such are caused from the process of my hair slowly locking so if I do this every time I wash, is it like i am unlocking what was recently locked? Almost like brushing with my fingertips. Any thoughts?

Sorry if I asked a question that has been asked, I am still trying to learn this site!!!!

updated by @sarah14: 01/13/15 09:33:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes exactly yoir prefventing progress instead try to see the beauty in the process and at the same time let it entertain you

you know how they call a firepit ahippie tv cause when out in the wooda we stare into the fire for entertainment the way you might watch tv

well let your loops be dready tv

let it be something you watch on a daily basis and lok forward to seeing what the next episode may be

if you start off with that attitiude your ecen going to want to record each and every episode to rewatch later and share with your freinds

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts

I totally know what you mean...I love watching the fire dance in a pit, change colors and grow!

Nice way of helping me understand!!!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

The loops and zig-zags are your hair bundling up into knots and pulling them straight is essentially unknotting them. If you put up with the loops for a couple of months a lot of them will round out on their own. :)

KzMarie
@kzmarie
12 years ago
12 posts

what if when they loop up they go up like half of the dread in the middle. cuz my hair getts loopy cuz of natural curls. when i let em jus loop it looks funny or sloppy. Sometimes I have horrible mixed feelings with my dreads. i try n look on the bright side but....

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

redefine funny as fun and sloppy as sexy

lets see what u mean but i bet your bei g over criticle and they look just the way they should lok

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts

I have let mine do what they want since I posted this...they are crazy, but I can dig it! I have two in the back that have came together and formed a neat congo. The only thing I do now is try and keep them separated.(except for the congo..I like that one). Sometimes I find that a challange, ecspecially after washes too.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form