Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

bs/acv wash

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

Can someone please tell me some good baking soda to water and vinegar to water ratios for washing. I have tried it in both hard water and soft water and i always get this layer of white pasty stuff (probably baking soda). The ratios i have been using are about 1 Tbsp BS to 1 cup water; and id say 2 Tbsp ACV to 1 cup water. Ive been using a higher ratio with the vinegar to try to get this pasty stuff off, but it wont work. and i rinse very well

updated by @k-money: 01/13/15 09:31:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

again the pasty white stuff cannot be baking soda which turns to gasses in ewater and evaporates

its skin

dead skin

making the baking soda stronger is tbhe key to removing it
heres the ratios according the a pharmacologists the exact right measurements

www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/baking-soda-and-sea-salt-ratios#.UA3iEKNdDyI

1/2 a cup to 5 cups water or 1 cup to 10

so 1/10th of the totalyour malking it too weak

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

i shall try this, thanks

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

thats a lot of acv. i use 2 tbs in 2 quarts of water and it works perfectly. try doing a 1/3 cup in 2 quarts of water. don't wet your hair before washing that way you'll be able to tell that you've really saturated your scalp with the bs wash. scrubbing your scalp with your finger tips helps too before you rinse.

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

i just tried that and my scalp is more pasty than ever. idk should i let the BS solution soak in for more than 10 minutes?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I use 1/3 cup bs to 1 gallon of water. Making sure it's fully dissolved before I pour it. I let it stand for about 10 minutes but you may need to leave it on longer (some leave it on for as much as 20 to 30 minutes.

I follow with 1-2 tablespoons of acv to that same gallon pitcher full of water. This I only leave on for about 3 minutes.

The acv doesn't "clean" so adding more will not remove any residues in the hair or on the scalp. It will bring the hair and scalp back to a decent pH level after using the bs (which will bring it to the alkaline side of the pH scale.)

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

Ok thank you ill give it a try

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form