Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separation - uh oh!!

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Apparently I haven't been separating right. Mostly in the back, my hair is matted in a clump with about 5 or 6 dreads combined. There is about 2 inches from the root - the matted clump - then the dreads off of that.

How do I fix it? Do I cut it to separate them?

:(

updated by @amy-jo: 01/13/15 09:31:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how big an area ids it way too far dreaded to seperate?

id use lil olive oil on the area u are trying to seperate if it wont budge try wiggling something under a few hairs at a time and pull out if still wont budge surgicly slice with an exactl[=k blade a few hairs at a time like brain surgery while pulling them after u release a few it should start to come as u pull try to do a minimum amount of cutting till u can get it by pulling

if the vase isnt too huge u can leace em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

It's a pretty big area underneath. I have a lot of hair, very thick.

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

oh, and yes, it's dreaded pretty good back there

:(

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

might want to get help but use mirrors so u can keep an eye on whats being done and direct it a bit

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Thank you

Reppyboyo
@reppyboyo
12 years ago
26 posts

I have this issue and its a bloody annoyance but finally sorted it today!

Much like you I had 2 dreads that had formed into a matted clump at the roots.
Thankfully, I was able to find the area where they had joined, about an inch long section from the roots.

What I did was find weaker spots and wiggle my little finger in between toseparatethe dreads a little.
Doing this several times up the knot till I was able to pull away small amounts of hair from the bottom of the hair, slowly working my way up the clump.

About 45 mins, some popping/snapping sounds and a headache later the clump is no more and I have twoseparateddreads :D
Only bad thing is they both lost some form in the splitting and I lost a few bumps I was rather fond of but Im sure the now loose hair will re-dread back in quickly.

Unfortunatelyfor me one of the two dreads has combined with another set of hair which is well knotting but unlike the above case there is nodefinitivejoin between them that I can find. (I think that attempting toseparatethem would result in destroying both of them)
Quite tempted to allow them to join and make a fatty as I think separating them would be a far worse headache

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form