Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Close to cutting off my baby dreads.

Devin4
@devin4
12 years ago
6 posts

I dont understand why the ends of my dreads won't stay twisted. It's like the inner part will but it's the tips of the sides and the top. The people say my hair needs to be "Trained" but I've been getting my dreads done for over 5 months now. Im just ready to give them up, I cant go the natural way either. And im running low on money. My hair type is just black kinky but kind of straight too. I really dont want to cut off my dreads but its just such a pain.

updated by @devin4: 01/13/15 09:30:34PM
Bekka
@bekka
12 years ago
5 posts

Just let them be. Don't spend any money on dreads unless it's for beads or shampoo or whatever. What method did you use? Back combing or tear and rip or....? I've done both with my hair and it takes a lot longer to knot up with back combing. Either method you used should only be done once. Don't use wax either and crocheting is bad as well. 5 months really isn't anything in a dreadlock timeline.

Devin4
@devin4
12 years ago
6 posts

They started out all small twists, but even then they said my hair was too straight at the ends for them

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

just stop it stop everything your doing stop wasting time and money let it do the dreading for you your making it harder bnot easirr buy going to a salon

what all have hey done

you realize some spend 15 thousand dollars at a salon only to have all the dreads gbreak off?

your doing it all wrong

the only thing yiu should do is wash and seperate and leave em akone to dread

its only a painj if u make it a pain

its a pleaure when u just let it happen

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

they dont know what they are talking about

to keep twisting them is insane

all that does is weaken them thin them and make u go bald

was wax used?

stop going stop messing with them and just give them time

your not even 1/2 way to mature

Devin said:

They started out all small twists, but even then they said my hair was too straight at the ends for them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Breathe.... and let them be! No worries!

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
Yeah, relax and leave em alone! If they want to blunt they will in time...but they dry faster when not blunted because water has a way to run out of the dread. :)
Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
My locks are 6 months and a lot of them still have looser tips. I started using the dreadlock shampoo from buck country ( dreadlockshampoo.com) and have noticed my roots beginning to lock up more and quickly. Stop going to the salon just get a good dreadlock shampoo, wash, separate and let them happen in there own time. Locks arent even remotely considered mature until at least one full year, so your not even half way yet so be patient and love the journey and you will be greatly blessed.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form