Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sorry guys!

CiArA
@ciara
12 years ago
25 posts
ok i really do use the search before i make a post, but my search had been unsuccessful again.this is my reply to m last post, copied and pasted cuz i think nobody will notice it, as its gonna be lost in the reply part of that post. I'm basically debating combing out and starting over, for a few reasons. one, i like the idea of sectioning completely naturally rather than tnr...not that i did a bad job. i think I'm gonna have fat dreds around the back of my head, like the back and thbottom half, with smaller on the top and sides...which i think would be cool. lol ok so hers my copy and paste:CiArA i forgot something... another reason it wouldn't bother me to comb out and start over is my roots. i did tnr but i did sort of random sizes and shapes, which is ok cuz i don't really have sections criss crossing or anything. but I've had some sections re-section themselves, and noticed the other day that some of my root sections are just the "shape" of a line....like an extremely thin rectangle. so besides the dread maturing into some weird shape, I'm mostly worried that there will end up being alot of tension on the roots of it. i mean, a fat rectangle has more strength so to speak...more hair to share the weight of the mature dread. a line shaped one...not so much...I'm scared the matured dread would pop right off my head. so to prevent this...starting over and losing 5 months...doesn't bother me. id just get to enjoy my journey longer :) any advice on this?
updated by @ciara: 01/13/15 09:30:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the shape of the roots really has no bearing on the shape of the dread a line thats 1 inch li]ong by 1/8 inch wide still averages at a 1/4 inch wich should be plenty strong

i have 1 dread thats literaly as thin as the letter l on your screen and thats 3 extrenely tiny dreads congoed and its grown to over 4 feet long so not too worried its not strong

the only concern id have is if u had a 1 inch thick dread dangling from a 1/8 inch root from the roots being damaged and weakkened

btw wich search did u use the built in search i hate but does search every single page the google search i find alot easier to use but only 1/2 the pages are indexed on google so thats all t searches

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

btw it helps everyone find what they are looking for if u use descriptive titles

if the title mentioned sectioning it would help alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CiArA
@ciara
12 years ago
25 posts
thanks abunch. and ill make better titles...here i am complaining about unsuccessful search, yet contributing to the problem. haha. you always answer everyone on here, that is so awesome and nice. thanks for this site!
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I also discovered a dread, at the back of my head, that managed to eat another rather effectively and due to this has an elongated root area. It happened within a blink of an eye and without any pain since my hair is dreading fast and any that I feel even the slightest cross-hair tugging from get's separated fast.

I think it should be fine. Just make sure it doesn't eat too many other dreads and get bigger... to the point of not being able to dry properly.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form