Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

separation

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Does it make any difference weather I separate when my dreads are dry or wet? I've been doing it after I wash them, but wasn't sure if that was right.

updated by @amy-jo: 01/13/15 09:30:16PM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

It doesn't really make a difference, just that people find it less painful to separate when they're wet than dry. I mean, I never go long enough between separating for it to ever hurt, but if you did, then after washing would definitely be less painful.

Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
Wet hair has more elasticity to it so it's less painful than doing it dry. I found I prefer to do it when it's about half way dry, for me when it's wet it seems my hair just stretches instead of separating but if I wait till its a little dryer it separates like wet without hurting like dry. Just play around with it try separating at different degrees of wet and dry and see what works best for you. I also found that doing some separation while washing helps too.
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Good to know, thank you both! I've been doing it after every wash. I'm only 2 weeks into this so I didn't really know if that was right. It scared me the first time I heard the "popping" sound!! ha ha ha Thankfully I had read somewhere on this site that that was normal or I would have freaked out!!

:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form