Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Palm Rolling Dreads?

Steven Wellington
@steven-wellington
12 years ago
1 posts

Hey, I've asked this question before but I wanted to get another opinion! I got dreads two days ago and I was told not to palm roll them for 3 weeks! The people I know who have dreads seem to palm roll a lot and I couldn't find any recommendation on the internet of when to start! What do all you think?

updated by @steven-wellington: 01/13/15 09:30:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont palm roll at all

palm rolling is for candles if u used wax the hair will not move and wont dread so palm rolling compresses haor into wax simulating dreading

but with no wax palm roolling doesa nothing but can do harm if over done

how did u have your dreads made i assume a salon? huge mistake what did they do i can gurantee it was all wrong what did they rell u bout washing etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jenny delligatti
@jenny-delligatti
12 years ago
8 posts
Ok buddy lemme tell you. There is a bunch of talk about what "to do" and "not to do" . My advice is see what works for you. All hair and dreadies are different. I started palm rolling mine the day they were born. What that did for me is keep them consistently twisting in the same direction. However they lock and loop whenever they want.. Loops come and go no matter if you palm roll or not, so jus do a week trial and see what YOUR dreads wanna do :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in other words u palm rolled but it did nothing

thats the point it doesnt do a thing but if u do it alot it weakens the roots severely

its just not worth the effort at all

--
Jenny delligatti
@jenny-delligatti
12 years ago
8 posts
I feel like after washing them it's good because it keeps um goin in the same direction but other than that...yep...useless :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why do they need to go in the same direction?

--
Jenny delligatti
@jenny-delligatti
12 years ago
8 posts
For me it jus helps them stay seperate so congos don't form. When they all go in one direction the loose hairs don't get caught in other dreads as easily.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form