Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads sharing same section at the root

jeff laird
@jeff-laird
12 years ago
6 posts

dreads sharing same section at the root- is this is a problem that needs attention? basically what appears to be two different locks is actually sharing hair from a single section... my initial reaction to this was to just let it do its thing but just wanted to check up on here to see what you guys think

updated by @jeff-laird: 01/13/15 09:30:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats a congo forming u can seperate em or let em congo but be careful dont let the root area get too big how big is it?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jeff laird
@jeff-laird
12 years ago
6 posts

2-3 inches across, it's kind of oddly shaped, it's more so a line shaped section of hair than a neatly squared off section, not sure how i let this slip by w/o me noticing : /

jeff laird
@jeff-laird
12 years ago
6 posts

now that I know what congo dreads are, i've several of them. is this that big of a deal? I really want to do as little maintenance on my dreads as possible, spending no more than 2 hours a week on them. so is it any problem to just let my dreads congo left and right?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

too big..seperate it

i wouldnt recomend letting any get over an inch

ofcourse some have unidreads over 10 inches but they can cause trouble

unsder an inch is carefree

over that and they need special care

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Too thick = harder to dry = mold over time.

All you have to do to separate it is to get the hair wet, grab the dreads and rip them apart. Wet makes this easier but it's not entirely necessary. You also don't need to ript clear to the scalp and have defined partings, just enough to not let the congo take over.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

congos are awesome! if your happy with it then leave it be. i just wrapped a couple of mine last night hoping for a congo. they keep grabbing at each other any way so why not just let them be one. plus my locks are pretty thin due to hair thickness so if i can combine some then i feel like they'll be stronger when they mature.

jeff laird
@jeff-laird
12 years ago
6 posts

alright awesome thanks for the advice people!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form