Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Rubbing of roots

Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

so i know you dont have to do anything and your roots with lock up with time, but what is your say on rubbing of roots to kind of help them along the way? and i mean only like once every 2 weeks. its not anything that i do all the time.

updated by @luke-stanton: 01/13/15 09:29:48PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

once every 2 weeks is not as bad as most people do it. But rubbing your roots will break some hairs, and the hairs by your roots are the most important for the integrity of your locks. Doing it often will create sores and scabs under your locks, but only once in a while wont do this. But you will be ripping out a few hairs here and there. And in 2 weeks, those hairs will not magically grow back into your scalp. In fact, the new growth that will help fix that damage is 6 months to a year away from being long enough to fix it. And by that time, the spot where the damage is done is now 6 inches further down your lock. So you will constantly be 6 months behind the healing length. So it's best not to mess with your roots at all

Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

well that is great info to know! thank you very much

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I don't think you need to rub roots at all. And when you really think about it, if you are using a shampoo to wash your scalp you are applying light rubbing anyway.

I have like, 2 or 3 dreads that have about 3" of roots but the rest of mine have dreaded up to between 2" and 1/2" in just under 3 months.

Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

i am still on the baking soda wash for now. i will probably switch over in like a month or 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form