Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A little nervous..............

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

My baby dreads (backcombing) are only 4 days old and I'm getting ready to BS wash them for the first time. I have a lot of hair! I'm nervous that I'll come out of the shower with straight hair!

as a side note: I bought a big shower cap so I can shower every day and not get my dreads wet.... because I have so much hair, I look like a big mushroom with it all up under that cap!! ha ha ha

updated by @amy-jo: 01/13/15 09:29:38PM
Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

dont be nervous! i was nervous the first time i went to wash mine and after i washed it there was such a relief. i love washing my dreads now. i am only 1 month and 3 weeks in so i know how you feel. after i got out i felt as if my dreads locked up even tighter!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads love to be washed ..enjoy it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

thanks you two.... here goes! I've got my baking soda, tea tree oil, rosemary oil, lavender oil and big ole pitcher!! Time to rock n roll!!

:)

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Don't be nervous. Even if they do loosen up, it' all good, they'll still dread, and dreads dread better when washed, so there's no downside to it :)

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Thank you!

I am very happy to say, they managed quite well!!

I wanted to go to the beach for some natural sea salt, but we're getting tropical storm debby so that's out.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form