Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dready

Ras_Ga
@ras-ga
12 years ago
16 posts

Hi. Im actually trying to dread naturally. I wash with BS and ACV rinse. Have some dandruff and sometimes an oily white texture on scalp even after BS and ACV. Can I have some help, and see the pics if it join good. Thank you.

Love,

JAH bless.

updated by @ras-ga: 02/14/15 12:52:35PM
Ras_Ga
@ras-ga
12 years ago
16 posts

PS: I have really curly hair

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

bs/acv might not work great in your water especialy in enngland

i dont know where your from but that might be it

you could use some more length but loks like its going great so far

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ras_Ga
@ras-ga
12 years ago
16 posts

I live in Mauritius Island. You think their is something in the water which cause the oily white texture?
What do you mean by use more length?

soaring eagle said:

bs/acv might not work great in your water especialy in enngland

i dont know where your from but that might be it

you could use some more length but loks like its going great so far

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

How much BS are you using to how much water? "More strength" means you might need to use more BS in the solution. BS exfoliates your scalp. Which means it starts to peel off all of the dead skin. If there is not enough BS in the wash, it will start to exfoliate, but wont have the strength to finish the job. You might need to add a little more to get it done.

I'm not sure of your water type, but sometimes there are minerals in peoples water that makes it "hard", and some soaps do not wash out well in that kind of water

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I think they are looking well on their way to awesome! :)

As far as the cleaning goes, I have to agree with Baba and SE about the water or the portions maybe being the cause of the extra build up. Maybe start off with working on the portions and if that doesn't work, maybe a shampoo alternative?

Ras_Ga
@ras-ga
12 years ago
16 posts

I use 1/3 BS with 2/3 Water. And 1tbsp of ACV for 1 cup of water. Is it good?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Ooh, when I did the baking soda washes I would use 1/3 of a CUP of baking soda to 1 GALLON of water. When I used more soda than that it left residue on my scalp but the 1/3 to 1 gal seemed to work just fine.

For my ACV I would use about 2-3 TBSP in that same GALLON pitcher full of water.

Also, Rosemary essential oil is good for dandruff and Tea Tree oil is good to stave off mold production.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yeah that much ACV will pretty much stop your hair from locking.

and that's a ton of baking soda. WAY too much. Val's ratios are what you should be aiming for

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and i meant more hair length, the longer the hair the faster it dreads, yours is just barely long enough so you may need more patience as it grows an inch or 2 that will really make the difference in its dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form