Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whens the best time to start washing my dreads?

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
I know i ask tons of questions but im a curious man. It was probably dumb to do but i went swimming tonight in the ocean and some of my smaller locks came undone, i dont plan to TnR them again but just keep them from locking with the others. Should i be worried? Put bands at my roots? Anything special to help them?
updated by @colyn-robinson: 07/10/15 09:46:08PM
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Nope. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

You could stick beads on them to keep them separate if you want. That can also help them start knotting. Don't use elastics though. They can get lost in your hair and end up rotting.

In time your hair will do what it's supposed to.

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
Alright so after washing my hair the other day with a BS wash and swimming that night in the ocean( probably not a smart day to do both) some of my smaller locks are still undone and im curious how or when they may start fixing themselves? I trust the advice i get from fellow dread heads just not sure how they start locking back up. Thanks guys and gals!
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I am halfway through my 3rd month and in my own experience I had quite a few come loose in the first month to 2 months. I still have a few that are loose but a TON of them started dreading and looping in that 2nd month. My loose ones (of which there are only a few) are partially knotted and, based on my experience thus far, I am confident that they will start to join the rest in the next month.

Beads have definitely helped. When I started to get a couple of knots I would slide the beads on the dread using the knots or loops to keep them from sliding right back out and they started going nuts with knots within a day to 2 days.

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts

If my hair would stay sectioned that long without help i wouldnt worry but the location of the loose locks make it difficult not to worry about them. I need to go buy more stuff for my hair care anyway so i might as well pick up some beads. I was just kind of hoping it wouldnt take so long for them to start locking back up considering im about to be doing a lot of traveling within the next month but oh well. Patience is key.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form