Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whens the best time to start washing my dreads?

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
I just started locking my hair yesterday so im trying to get all my knowledge and advice early for a better success.Whens the best time to start washing my hair and whats the best way to wash it? Baskig soda? shampoos? What should i do after besides dry them of course.
updated by @colyn-robinson: 02/14/15 09:02:46AM
Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts

What is your hair texture? and are you doing the natural method? I have very kinky hair with no existent curl pattern and i am doing the loose two strand twist and neglect method. this allowed me to wash my hair anytime i want.. actually i began washing my hair about 2 days afterwards. and ive been washing twice a week since then. its been almost one month (will be in a few days) and i am already budding and locking with some locs. i use besan (chick pea flour ) to wash my hair. you can check out my post in the dreadlock products section in the forum about how i use besan to wash my hair.i hope this helps

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u "locking" them

wash when u feel u should not every day every 2-7 days

the baking soda is great early i[on since its a no touvch method then try a dread soap only scrubbing he scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
Im using the twist and rip method; as to my hair texture im not sure. My hair is normally thick and very silky since i took good care of it. My hair curled at the ends and got more curly if i had a bummy day and didnt shower. I have a regualr base shampoo with no mosturizers or additives i dont know how well that will work. Im all about the baking soda wash if thats what will help me.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id try the bs then evehp[-ntualy try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com soaps

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
BS way it is then until i use soaps. I'll give it a few more days maybe 2 then i'll wash it. Any other advice you guys could offer?
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Follow the bs with acv and look into adding essential oils to help with itchy scalp and stuff.

If you go to the dreaducation pages there is info on mixing the bs as well as some other washing options.

Be prepared for the TnR to come loose or completely unraveled (this is perfectly fine and they will fix themselves.)

Beijaflor
@beijaflor
12 years ago
20 posts

lol.. they said everything pretty much. hehehehe.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

When they come loose, do not reTnR them. TnR and back combing are only methods to start sectioning your hair. If you redo it, then you will be set back to day 1. It might feel like backwards progress for them to come undone, but it is a natural step forward for them to start tangling and knotting

Colyn Robinson
@colyn-robinson
12 years ago
45 posts
How about drying them? Whats the best way to dry my hair after i wash it or simply rinse it.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form