Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural/ Neglect help

Eric Asche
@eric-asche
12 years ago
3 posts

So i got out of jail January 2011 and had lice real bad in my dreads. After posting on here I heard that rubbing alcohol worked so I tried it and it burned like hell. So after a few bong rips I got up the nerve to cut my 2 year old dreadies off. I started from scratch all natural all neglect this time. Last set i had was some backcomb and some twist and rip. First question is this. Most of the back of my head is dreaded and its dreading very nicely BUT there are maybe 5 to 6 strands of hair that aren't in dreads but in between dreads, if that makes sense, will these eventually grow into a dread beside it? Question 2. The back is dreaded and its slowly going to the side. is the front usually the last to dread? Question 3. I have 2 flat dreads. The sections that got sectioned naturally are long and skinny instead of somewhat square like the other ones. Should i cut these into 2 dreads? or just leave and be happy with it? Any and all help is appreciated. I know SE will probably tell me to leave it and go spend time in the ocean or the woods which is what I've been doing and will continue to do.

Thanks

Eric

updated by @eric-asche: 01/13/15 09:29:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

alcohol will sting as it steralizes the wounds and u will scream and curse but it would have killed em

ok yea leave it its normal the thin asreas will become dreads or join dreads the side u sleep on dereads fastest the rest will catch up

no dont cut it unless its rediculously wide and causing pain

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eric Asche
@eric-asche
12 years ago
3 posts

yea i heard from some traveling buddies that cayenne pepper works but that was long after i cut em off. the wide ones aren't causing any pain. just not sure if i will like them when they are longer. hopefully they will work out well in the end. if i do want to cut them in half that would be ok right? i twist turn and sleep all different ways. plus i usually wear a tam to bed. good or bad on that one?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

try without the tam i bet u see better progress

and if u cut a dread in 2 u literaly cut every hair in the dread at least once most di]ozens even hundreds of times

what are the dimensions of the roots?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Cayenne can work, but will hurt and burn harder and longer than rubbing alcohol. I worked in a kitchen for years and we used to play practical jokes on each other. One of them was to put cayenne pepper in someones work shoes. Just the sweat from standing in a kitchen all day added to water dripping into your shoes will makes your feet itch and burn right through your socks. So putting it directly onto your head seems like a bad idea, even if it's highly diluted. When I work with cayenne at home, even if I wash my hands, If I touch my eye hours later or any open sore, it burnsuncontrollablyfor an hour, easy.

Cutting them can work, but is really a last resort. It has to be done with surgicalprecision. and you only need to make 1-2 mm nicks at a time. Then try and rip as much as you can. But using aloe or jojoba oil to loosen up the tangled hairs is much better.

Wearing a tam is ok, but you will need to separate much more often because your hair will start to knot into 1 big lock. plus most people find that tams fall off sometime during the night anyway,especiallyif you toss and turn a lot.

Eric Asche
@eric-asche
12 years ago
3 posts

i only have a problem every once in a while with it falling off at night. i've heard that wearing a tam helps the dreading process is this all a lie?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It helps, but is notnecessary. It may help speed up the process by a few weeks. Not by a long time. But you will have to keep a closer eye on them. And separate them more often It helps, but can add more of a hassle if you let them go

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form