Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Super loose bases???

Marsha
@marsha
12 years ago
2 posts
Hi all! This is my first forum post so here goes. I started my dreads with the twist n rip method, but now I am having some issues. The dreads on the back of my head have tightened beautifully... Accept for the bases. The actual dreads start about 2-3 inches from the scalp. From wear, hair has pulled out and now I have a ton of loose hairs! What should I do? Start them over?
updated by @marsha: 01/13/15 09:28:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

noo this is completely normal and nesacary they will be like that for many months just leave enm alone let em tighten

the roots will be loose like that to alow l=movement in 8 months or so they tighten up to 1/2 o=inch but it will take a long tikme

do nothing to try to tighten the roits or you will weaken the roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in featured discussions find 1 called dreading the 1st weeks of dreading

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That loose hair at the root is what new growth snags onto. If you do anything to it, you will be thinning your roots and causing weak spots. That loose hair will either get sucked into another lock or form one of it's own. It's natural.

And 2-3 inches of straight hair by the root is normal for a while. Baby locks need that hair to tangle onto themselves. As they grow and mature, it will shrink for 1/2 inch-1 inch. Don't worry about it. If you want, keep an eye on it and just watch how it progresses. You'll be amazed

Marsha
@marsha
12 years ago
2 posts
Thanks guys! The root thing makes sense. So for the completely loose, free roaming hairs I just let them join other dreads? I am just so impatient and can't wait for them to mature. :)
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yup, or let them form their own

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u got a year to go how are u going to speed it up? dont u got other more important things to worry bout in that year?

u will cook or at least eat about 365 dinners in the next year since each and every momment that dinners at a max 24 hours away shouldnt that occu=py your thoughts more then the maturity of your dreads that are much further away?

in other words just live your life and dont worry about getting to maturity

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form