Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thin dreadlock confusion

lexggggggggggg
@alexis-gradante
12 years ago
3 posts

Hello! So I just recently started dreading my hair using the twist and rip method but I'm kind of starting to freak out because i only have about 25 dreads and they are all thinner than a pencil or about pencil thickness. I'm wondering if maybe I should take out some of my thicker dreads and split them in half and make them even thinner so I can have a fuller look or should I just let them be? Thank you so much!

updated by @alexis-gradante: 01/13/15 09:28:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will thicken alot 25 is a good number for fairly thick dreads most will be an average of 3/4 inch maybe slightly larger

remember the dreads u makye by tnr arent dreaded yet they will be very thin compared to the matur e dreads wich will be about the same so=ize as the sections

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

What eagle said, and also... the tips usually get skinnier than the rest. not much, but they taper off.

But as they untangle and tangle back up they will fatten up, and as your hair grows it will take on the size of the section. 25 is a fine number. I started with 23, and even lowered that to 15. personal preferance, though

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form