Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Chocolate Oatmeal Stout Beer Bar Soap

Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

Ok i'm super excited about finally getting dreads, just got a few more loose end in life to keep the peace with the folks. so i'm researching the snot out of all things dreads and dread care. i happen to have this bar soap laying around in a baggy for a few years now. it was a gift, i never got around to using it. it's called Chocolate Oatmeal Stout Beer Bar Soap.

Contains: Saponified oils of organic palm & coconut, canola, cocoa butter, castor; beer; purified water; oatmeal, cocoa powder.

it and others bars can be found here (they also have liquids and other various stuff) : http://www.capitolsoapworks.com/bar_soap.htm

I know there is the baking soda method, and eventually i'll find a good source of soap, but while i had this one laying around i thought i'd see if i could use it. To the experts, does this beer soap sound decent enough before i dread and while i got baby dreads? i have no idea how to tell if a soap is residue free or good for locks or not.

posted here because folks int he chat said it be a good spot sorry if a similar question has already been asked. still new to the site and haven't gotten through everything yet.:)

thanks all,

~Bug

(::)0<

updated by @bug: 01/13/15 09:28:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ask heather in the shampoo ingredients experts category (lick members then shampoo experts)

i believe the oatmeal is more of an exfoliating bar tho the beers usuealy added for hair i think this is more a skin cleansing bar that removed dewd dry skin..kinda a beauty bar

but heather will know moere

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

will do!

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

too many oils. its going to leave you with a bunch of residue. i would stay far away from soap containing cocoa butter unless your african american and need the extra moisture.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

"lick members then shampoo experts" lol! i love typos:)

soaring eagle said:

ask heather in the shampoo ingredients experts category (lick members then shampoo experts)

i believe the oatmeal is more of an exfoliating bar tho the beers usuealy added for hair i think this is more a skin cleansing bar that removed dewd dry skin..kinda a beauty bar

but heather will know moere

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

right? i had a good giggle over this one :)

Heather said:

"lick members then shampoo experts" lol! i love typos:)

Bug
@bug
12 years ago
43 posts

well i wasn't going to mention the lick...brought a whole new meaning to things lol XD thanks for the info! i still got a lot of learning to do yet. :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form