Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A few dreads amongst regular hair

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

Some may know I decided to comb my hair ( sad, yes i know) BUT Ive tnrd 2 dreads on the under side of my head on either side. Just curious about how to care for them amongst the "normal/regular" hair?! I'm dying my hair purple so the BS wont really work because i don't want it to strip out the color.. Is there any other residue free shampoos that would be highly recommended? I'm still using the liquid dreadlock shampoo and its doing great even without dreads!!! after my hair dries i can just run my fingers though it and i don't have too many knots! its soft and smells so good! so i may just keep using it.. but if anyone knows of one i can find at a store for cheaper that would be great.

I don't often use conditioner but if i felt the need to how would that effect the 2 dreads i have? i assume the same as it would with a full head of them? just curious as far as them collecting the residues and such..

Also I'm pretty sure i know the answer to this question but ill ask anyways :p id assume ill have to keep up with the separation or ill have a ginormous dread on either side of my head.

updated by @lindsey3: 01/13/15 09:28:18PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you have softer water you can get Dr. Bronners. It's a bit expensive for 1 bottle, but you never use it full strength, anyway. YOu should dilute it anywhere from 12 to 40 times. so what you really end up with is 12-40 bottle of shampoo for that price. It'll last you a lifetime

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

ive got hard water.. but without dreads i dont thnk itll be that big of a deal.. i saw some stuff at kroger the other day. it was in a bottle ill see if i can look it up in a sec.i might try some of that. but if have two little bitty bottles of dr bs so i guess i could see how it works out and use it till they are gone then find something else.

its weird that the dreadlock soap is working so well on my non dreaded hair! i remember your post about having problems with it and so did i, and its so awesome now!

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

The shampoo i was taking about is called natures gate.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

deadlock soap is not madetoknot your hair. It's made to not leave residue, and promote scalp health.

No shampoo can create knots on a whim. So you could use any soap safe for locks with straight hair. I used Bronners long before I grew my locks.

If you're still willing to go through the efforts,you could buy distilled water or distill it yourself and use that when you wash your hair

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That shampoo looks like it would be ok for straight hair, but it has tons of coconut in it as well as a lot glycerin. Both of those ingredients will make the few locks you have slick and not knot well.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form