Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Job interview on the 11th new dreads! help D:

Mike Gombaski
@mike-gombaski
12 years ago
14 posts

I have a job interview at a Rubbermaid factory on the 11th it would be my first job an is VERY important that i get it cause i am in a very tight situation for money an the hours and pay this job gives would help me tons. My interview is on the 11th an my dreads are only two weeks old. they're very very messy right now an to short to tie all of em back the front part of my head wont reach the back. is there anything thing i can do to make these dreads look presentable for my interview?! I contemplated waxing them but i know howabsolutelyhorrible that is to do to them. An i don't think it is acceptable to wear a bandanna or anything like that to a interview. I really need your help guys! thank you!!

updated by @mike-gombaski: 01/13/15 09:27:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

its a factory job as long as your not covered in puke your presentable enough

just go in like you dont have dreads dont think about them dont mention them..they dont matter

if your rally worried use some pure aloe vera gel (no other ingredients) to smooth em down

but theres no need

if your able to show up to work and do the job they expect you to do you will get it...even if you did the intervuiew with your hair on fire

warning tho most factory jobs will make u miserable and fantasize about blowing the place up all daty

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mike Gombaski
@mike-gombaski
12 years ago
14 posts

okay thank you. An yes i'm not happy about having to work in a factory at all but it's last resort its 12 hr shifts and like 50 hours a week.. I'll put some aloe vera on em i just need a job i have a bunch of medical bills that i need to get off an need to move out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

god that sounds luke hell its never a last resort what abiut self employment do what u like to do and get someone to pay you to do it

--
Mike Gombaski
@mike-gombaski
12 years ago
14 posts

Well i have a plan set out to save up some money get all the paint supplies i need and hemp products i need an make hemp bracelets n shit an paintings an sell them at flea markets or where ever i gotta get on my feet first though.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

You can try aloe vera or even get the locking gel from http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/
This will help to smooth the flyaway's and make them look neat without the waxy buildup from waxes (not to mention, gels won't make you break out either!)

As long as you walk in with a smile and confidence you should have nothing to worry about in regards to your looks. Maybe do a couple of practice interviews at home to build up confidence (you can find interview questions on various sites online) and go knock 'em dead!

Good luck!!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You should be fine. I got a job at UPS when my locks were so young and uneven that I looked like a mangy alley cat. Just go in with confidence and like you already have the job. You'll do fine. I have faith in you

Mike Gombaski
@mike-gombaski
12 years ago
14 posts

Thank you guys! it's hard with my confidence cause i CONSTANTLY have my parents putting down my dreads saying how ill never get a job with them or anything so they are making me paranoid about it and i really really want to get this job to just prove them wrong aswell. But you guys are giving me hope! thank you i will try to be as positive and confidant as i can !

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

tell them their undermining your confidence will make yiou fail far faster then any dreads will ever do

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form