Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

re-backcomb hair?

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

im at 3 months now and i have just about nothing. nothing close to dreads. everythings fallen out and its just like straight hair that is barely together in strands. what the heck should I do? should i rebackcomb them and palmroll everyday or something? i have no idea. oh and my hair is about 6 inches long, so is that too short somehow for the neglect method??????????

updated by @k-money: 02/14/15 11:19:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

n9onono rebackcombing will only reset progress to day 1 its b=very common for backcomb to fall apart and be exactly as it is at the 3 month lmark no dont palm roll that will unravekl it more 6 inch is perfect for neglect and all dreading happends thru neglect so just leave it alone to do its thing

but how are u washing with what how often same with drying

pics?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

im washing twice a week. right now with this non-residue shampoo i got from knottyboy.com.. once i run out i will just do the ACV/BS wash, because its cheaper and i did it a couple times and liked it. i use a hair dryer after i wash it. also i do sports, so i sweat a good bit. I will upload some pics later

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u washing are u carefully scrubbing just the scalp?

--
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

yea. i gently scrub my scalp and let the shampoo sit for a couple minutes, then wash it out real good

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok so pics wghen u can i bet your doin better then u think

--
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

here are some pictures. im a couple days from 3 months.. its probably not as bad as i think, but still i am not seeing progress, but idk maybe im stupid. everyone that asks about my hair is like, what the heck is up with your hair?, i just tell them im working on something

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I see the problem. You're suing knotty boy shampoo. I used it a few times when I first started this set. All it ever did for me was make my hair slicker and unable to knot up. Switch to either Dr. Bronners (if you have softer water), any dreadlockshampoo.com soap, or the BS/ACV wash.

And how are you drying, besides the blow drier? Are you rubbing your head with a towel?

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

i actually got some dreadlockshampoo.com shampoo and locking gel in the mail coming right now.. so i will be switching over to that shampoo. ill have to sell the rest of my knotty boy shampoo on ebay

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

cool. Yeah, I use the gel for the few new babies forming on top of my head. I love it.

But how do you dry besides the drier? towel?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form