Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello everyone!! questions about my new dreads!

Mike Gombaski
@mike-gombaski
12 years ago
14 posts

Hello i am new to the website as of today so i would like to say hello to everyone and can't wait to chat with you all! Last week i put in my dreads and i have a few questions about them

a little backround on them

I backcombed them all in and today started spraying them with sea salt spray i made i have been trying to do as least as i possibly can to them because the way i see it the less i mess with them the less chances for mistakes to pop up.

but anyways today i have noticed i have a large abundance of loose hairs everywhere and i was wondering a fix to this? cause i really dont want to crochet them. an also how long should i wait to wash my dreads? because they have been itching HORRIBLY bad but im scared to wash them as they might come undone.

Here is a picture of them

dreads.jpg

do they look okay? any advice or help would be greatlyappreciated!

updated by @mike-gombaski: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok they look fine a few thungs wash them! if they itch its time to wash but wash gently if u use a dread shampoo carefully scruvb the scalp only then rinse thru the hair if u use the baking soda recipe u just pour soak and rinse..no scrubbing or touching

if u have rubber bands in take them out!

loose hairs will be there a long time ..actualy..forever buyt they get less and less they do not need fixing they just need time to suck in and tighten

they will get looser onver the next month or more then tighten backcomb falls out sokmetumes but it was unsesaacry to backcomb at all your hair will dread if all u do is wash and sleel

so dont worry

let it dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mike Gombaski
@mike-gombaski
12 years ago
14 posts

okay thank you but why take out the rubber bands?

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
I recommend taking out the rubber bans and then just leave your hair alone. Also do the BS and ACV. Ya also might want to get some shampoo from WWW.dreadlockshampoo.com . the stuff really works! Oh and one huge no no stay away from wax!
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

And as for the salt spray... Only spray on salt when you are about the wash. You never want to leave salt in for longer than 2 hours. That is most likely whats causing some of your itchies. Salt dries out your scalp as much as it does your hair. So an hour or 2 before you wash, spray with the salt solution, and don't use any again until you are going to wash again

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form