Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread rot

Gingey Mcgingeginge
@gingey-mcgingeginge
12 years ago
17 posts

Just wondering,as i cant see anything on it,how long would it take dread rot to start setting in if i left moisture in my hair?

updated by @gingey-mcgingeginge: 02/14/15 07:54:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it can happen quickly if theres nio airflow youd smell it as soon as it starts setting in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gingey Mcgingeginge
@gingey-mcgingeginge
12 years ago
17 posts

Ah i see,is there a certain smell i should be wary of?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

moldy musty mildewy

like if u ever threw wet clothes in a bag and they got all moldy..you'd know it if it happened

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It can smell like wet dog, too. But sometimes your hair just smells like that after you wash it. I'd be a little worried if it still smelled like that a few days after you washed. Usually that smell goes away within the day, or once they dry

Gingey Mcgingeginge
@gingey-mcgingeginge
12 years ago
17 posts

So say for instance i was camping,its really shitty weather,but earlier in the day,it was mega sunny so i forgot to take something like a hoodie or hat to cover my dreads,they get drenched,my current tent has no rainprooing and i dont have money for a new one :( ,how long would it take for the rot to set in?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

walmart has tents for 25 bucks that are as good as 300 dollar tents in fact ui usualy just get a new 1 every year

i never use a hoody or anything to cover my dreads when it rains

the only time i did is when i got the musties the dreads still got wet ..but being covered there was no airflow

its better to leave em uncovered let em get wet but let there be airflow around em

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If it's nice and sunny the next day, you should be fine. If it's miserable weather from then on, or at least for the next day or so, you should probably do a cleans just to be safe. It's not a good idea to sleep with wet hair, but if it has time to dry completely the next day, you'll be fine. You just don't want to leave them wet for days on end. That's why you don't wash every day. I have really thick locks. They can take up to 24 hours to dry completely, and I have never had mold or mildew. So if they dry out the next day, don't worry.

Gingey Mcgingeginge
@gingey-mcgingeginge
12 years ago
17 posts

Thanks for the info dudes,peace :D

Richard Christian
@richard-christian
12 years ago
8 posts

will a hairdryer / blowdryer do?

/ 2

Dislike 0