Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Adding a friend's lock into my hair

Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts

A friend that used to have dreads cut his all off and saved them. He is giving them to me and I would like to add one or two into mine. We've been best friends for a long time and I was best man in his wedding. We now live a considerable distance apart and this would be a way to keep that feeling of closeness. Would the best way to add his hair into mine be just through wrapping with hemp? I tried to crochet a regular extension into the end of one of my shorter locks, but it fell out a day or two later. THEN I read about the dangers of crocheting -_- *sigh*

so now i won't be doing that anymore but I want to put his in mine still. what has worked best for you guys and ladies?

updated by @haazinumusic: 01/13/15 09:26:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts
U can wrap or bead then together and they will dread together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts

would you suggest hemp for the wrap, or are there other neat alternatives that work well?

Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts

my computer is having a fit and sending multiple replies. i can't delete the second comment either. sorry!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts
Hemp Or embroidery thread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Carina Nicole
@carina-nicole
12 years ago
12 posts

I used cotton thread to tie my dreads in together. twist and ripped the loose roots to the loose ends, and wrapped the thread around and tied.

Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts

okay. good idea. i shall hive it a shot! thank you!

Carina Nicole said:

I used cotton thread to tie my dreads in together. twist and ripped the loose roots to the loose ends, and wrapped the thread around and tied.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form