Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wash without a shower cap

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

So I would never in my life think of washing my locks with a shower cap. Even when they were babies. ButI just watched a youtube vid of someone talking about using one.

It stuck out in my mind, because she wore the cap in the wideo to show how to wear it and lather the soap on. I don't get it. The way to keep locks clean is to clean your scalp, not your locks. As you rinse the soap will rinse through your locks. That's all the contact with soap the body of your locks need. When you wear a shower cap, you are hiding your scalp, and then all of the soap is absorbed into your locks. Rinsing will take an age because it'll be like trying to get all the soap out of a sponge. It's really hard. And when you can't squeeze your locks, because they are under a cap, it makes it even harder. So why would you even think about using a shower cap?

Granted, the person in the video was also using wax and other products, and just had twists, her hair won't lock up anyway, but the shower cap really caught my attention.

updated by @baba-fats: 02/14/15 10:22:07AM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Hey, can you link that video? I'm having a really hard tome trying to visualize what you mean by washing with a shower cap. It seems rather counter-intuitive since I use shower caps for the sould purpose of NOT wanting my hair wet/washed. :-/

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

silly ppl let me guess a loctician told her not to wash?

hope u commented and set her straight?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Ooooh, a stocking cap. Now that all makes sense. I see what she is trying to do. Trying to wash her dreads without causing them to unravel by washing them thru the nylons.... Hmmm... just seems kind of silly to me. Then again, so does putting Aussie hairspray on the tips of her twists. :-/ That stuff is narsty.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the nylons are so tight pulling them over your heads gonna unravel em more then wahing will

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Yeah, and goes back to the above mentioned point that rinsing the soap will take ages.

Well, some people learn the hard way. I think that some people from this site that have started locks by twisting should drop some comments there (I honestly don't think that I would be taken seriously since my hair is long and a different texture) but there are a ton of comments from others taking this tutorial as gold and running with it.

Geeks
@geeks
12 years ago
13 posts

I love a good scalp wash.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Meeee toooooo.... It's so refreshing.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Same. I started washing with baking soda a few weeks ago and I miss scrubbing my scalp. But today I found out that my shower head has more settings than I though. one of them is a super hard pulse. It rocks. I just sat under it for a while and let the water massage my scalp

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form