Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

parasites love my blood - lice help

mayonaise
@mayonaise
12 years ago
19 posts
I am Living in a house with kids still in school they are allways catching lice. I tend to be one of those people that allways has bite marks from all sorts of critters, while everyone around me has none. Fleas, lice, mosquitos, spiders right now I have a lice problem I have tried the rubbing alcahol every three days for half an hour and I haven't even made a dent in the amount of lice on my head. I also add tea tree oil to my shampoo as I heard they don't like it . If any one has a technique that works please share I don't want to cut or comb out my locks they are only 6 months old :(
updated by @mayonaise: 01/13/15 09:25:41PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I haven't had that problem yet, but I know I will when I have kids. I have heard that a shower cap full or teatree oil and Apple Cider Vinegar does wonders. Don't quote me. And be aware that AVC is a conditioner, so if you use it, you might have problems with some locks coming loose, but it's better than having little critters in your hair

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Something I learned in beauty school is that lice has an intolerance to heat (hence why adults who tend to style/blow dry their hair are less prone to getting lice.)

I have this book: The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy and if you scroll down to page 194 in the preview it talks about lice and different essential oils to prevent them. The page that follows is not in the preview and I kind of feel that it wouldn't be helpful. It has 2 recipes for washes that I do not feel would be beneficial to dreads. However, if you want to see what it says anyway, I will take a picture and try and post it.

Hopefully trying these other oils will help before going to the drastic lengths of cutting/comb-out. Let us know if they work for you.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Also, I'm not sure how extensive your delousing has been but a reminder: Lice eggs can live on clothing and bedding so it's good to give your home a good cleaning, strip the beds and clean the pillow's and mattresses as well.

I went ahead and took a picture of the 2 recipes, in case you want to use them on your kids. As you can see, based on the OTHER ingredients, why I think they would not necessarily be good for dreads... But perhaps you can modify a rinse based of the essential oils.

updated by @valrie: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

neem seed oil get the oil fotr your hair

get the pills for your blood

neem kils all parasytes

even leprocy

its a dirty earthy smell tho

add the oil to your shampoo

u gotto treart the kids the house everythung id still use the alcahol byut u got to wash everything beds furniture ecverywhere anyones head touched

bag up everything u can that u cant wash

you can be reinfesting yourself daily

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
mayonaise
@mayonaise
12 years ago
19 posts
Fok -_- alright ill try these out thankyou guys
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus