Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flat dreads?

kendra hutchinson
@kendra-hutchinson
12 years ago
4 posts

So, my dreads are just babies at 10 days old and I'll admit in the first 3-4 days I wore a headband when I was out of the house.. My hair was really oily (which I am happy to say has since been corrected!!) and my dreads were sticking out everywhere and I had to be 'presentable' in public.. Now that my hair/scalp has evened out and my dreads lay right, I just pin up my bangs (bangs I left as loose hair) and go but I've noticed some of my dreads are flat. Will they round back out on their own or should I palm roll them or something? It's not really a big deal I guess, I'm not using any crazy maintenance methods and I think they just flattened from my headband and maybe from sleeping on them... Just curious if they will self correct.

updated by @kendra-hutchinson: 01/13/15 09:25:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yup they will

if your lucky 1 will stay flat and be yoir fave

but think about it whnen you flattensomething 1 way then another and another it tends to get rounder

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kendra hutchinson
@kendra-hutchinson
12 years ago
4 posts

k good to know :) when is it 'safe' to add pretty things?? peyote stitch, beads, little wraps here and there??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

any time but..dreads thicken so theres a chance the dread will thicken above and below and u will not be able to remove it so either move em often tull mature or put em where u dont mind em being firf many years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts
Definitely move beads often. I had one get locked in place in just a couple of days. I did do it on purpose but I was still surprised at how quickly it happened.
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Mine are almost a month old and I swear my beads are like an abacus (moving up and down.) I purposefully use wooden beads so if they get stuck I can crack them out with pliers if I don't want them anymore. :P

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form