Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hard water? get yourself a filter!!

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

so my shower head water filter came in last week and i was beyond excited to try it out. it was super easy to install and the water pressure is ten times better than the one i had. i immediately grabbed my pitcher and filled it half way with water. i didn't even wait for it to get hot. then i added two tbs of bs. stirred it up and it miraculously disappeared and became beautiful clear water! you have no idea how excited i was to see this. normally i would have to boil my tap water or buy filtered water just to do a bs wash. if i didn't then there was no way the bs was going to dissolve. it would just sink to the bottom of the pitcher no matter how much stirring or shaking i would do. then i decided to add a bit of dr. bronners to the pitcher and mixed it up with my hand. so much suds!! dr. bronners has never produced suds for me before. so amazing!

anyway, i've washed my hair about three times since i installed this wonderful device and i must say that this is probably the best thing to happen to my hair in the last 19 months. i wish i hadn't waited so long to purchase it. i can now wash with whatever i want and know that its not going to leave me slimy or greasy. oh and another great discovery, my skin is no longer dry and itchy after my shower. bonus!!!!

if anyone is interested in getting this great device, here's the link:)

http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-HSH-C135-Hand-Held-Filtered-Showerhead/dp/B0006VVN18/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1335819123&sr=8-4

p.s - the filter cartridge needs to be replaced every 6 months. they cost about $12.

updated by @heather: 01/13/15 09:24:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome

well 12 dollars every 6 months is probly based on a family showeering daily if your 1 o]person showering every 3 days i bet it lasts alot longer then that

u tried it with the dreadlockshampoo.com soaps too i bet and it worked fine?

i suspect your water was not only hasrd but alkaline too and maybe the specific mineral content made it even worse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

well, my husband and i use that shower but we're both pretty fast bathers so it will hopefully last that long. hell, if i had to buy a new filter every month i would still gladly do it just to have my hair clean and my skin itch free. i know we have rust in our water because it stains the shower and bath weekly. also when you turn on the water anywhere in the house it smells of sulfur and chlorine. because of that we never drink or use the water for cooking. i'm terrified of what it would do to our insides. i'm going to order another filter for our kids bathroom too.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

oh and yes i did try washing with my dreadlockshampoo.com soaps and i'm happy to report that they rinse out completely now and don't leave any residue on my scalp:) i'm trying a new wash every time now just to see how well everything works. i might even break out the maylees again and give that a shot.

soaring eagle said:

awesome

well 12 dollars every 6 months is probly based on a family showeering daily if your 1 o]person showering every 3 days i bet it lasts alot longer then that

u tried it with the dreadlockshampoo.com soaps too i bet and it worked fine?

i suspect your water was not only hasrd but alkaline too and maybe the specific mineral content made it even worse

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

so i got out the dr. bronner's today and mixed up 1oz. with 8 oz. of water in a foaming bottle. i washed my hair and i must say i now know why people like it. it really got my hair squeaky clean. i used peppermint which gave a nice tingle on my scalp. my hair is currently drying but i don't feel like it left anything behind. my scalp is a bit itchy though which could be that its maybe a bit too drying for me but its definitely going to be used from time to time. i bet it would be great during the warm summer months coming up.

i think so far my favorite wash is with baking soda. i love being able to mix it up with which ever essential oils i'd like that day and it leaves my hair so clean and fluffy. i have yet to try an acv rinse after but i just might on my next wash. i'm a bit concerned with how much is enough but not too much that it will leave my hair silky. i'm thinking 1 - 2 tbs. in 2 qt. water???

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the filters in the head i looked at a few myself 3-6 months for your average family of 5 seemed to be what most had said

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sook Ki
@sook-ki
12 years ago
1 posts

i've heard some negative reviews about this shower head, i dont know if im willing to save up for this. are u experiencing any problems with the shower head?

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i love my shower filter. i haven't had any problem at all with it.

Sook Ki said:

i've heard some negative reviews about this shower head , i dont know if im willing to save up for this. are u experiencing any problems with the shower head?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form