Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tails?

Matias
@matias
12 years ago
1 posts

I got my dreads just about a week ago. The problem was that after finishing the 30h operation my hair-dresser was too busy so I didn't have the time to ask all the questions about the maintenance :/ and she never answers her phone.

First of all she left small "tails", about 3-4 inches of straight uncombed hair at the end of each dread, meaning the pieces that she held on to while combing the hair back. I wonder if I can or if I definitely should cut them off at some point?

updated by @matias: 01/13/15 09:24:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no u shouldnt but why did u go to a hairdresser and what dis she do did she use wax crochet

going to hairdresser was a bad badbad idea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh no wax..yuck

ok you shoulds start over wax is evil and extremely hard to remove from draeads so if your under a month the best thing that u can do isd demand a refund comb out and start i=over wwax free

they will never learn not to use wax unless u get a refund

read dreaducation dread wax truth and dread wax removal pages in the main menu

--
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

What they said ^ remove the wax or start over. Also, for future reference, it's normal for the ends to be normal hair. Sometimes they blunt themselves, sometimes you'll have wispy ends, and sometimes you'll just have a bit of undreaded hair on the ends, it's normal.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

but make sure u wash your hair..and get that evil wax out and i would ask for a refund its the only way they will ever learnnot to use wax

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

also its better if the tips stay loose blunt tips hold in water loose tips let it drip out so it dries 5 times faster

wax tho will really holdit in causing them to rot

--
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

30 hours? yikes:/

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea 30 hours of hair pulling problty hundreds of dollars and now hes gotta start over cause they are caked in wax..

why do ppl go to salons for dreads/ makes no sense

--
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Because they fall victim to the idea that dreads cannot form without help, or that they'll form better if you go to a salon, because they know what they're doing. It doesn't make sense to you cos you know otherwise, but when someone's come across a lot of information, and 100% of that information is bad, you'll probably believe that the majority is right and not understand that it's actually bad advice.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its true theres a shocking lack of understanding about dreads even amongst those with dreads 1/2 of them dont understand that dreads form by themselves without help many more believe that only african hair will dread itself and caucasuian hair needs to be forced and then theres some that think the only way to dread is at a salon and that its so complicated you need a degree to do it

what gets me is how they are willing to pay more per hour for a salon then they would for a doctror or lawyer..its rediculouse

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form