Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

back of my head feels like rough carpet... haha

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Hello!! Just a quick question...I have tnr dreads, and I have not touch(maintained) my hair for few weeks.And my hair at the back of my head feels like a rug!What I mean by that, is I have pretty short hair(3 inches), and few dreads had fallen apart(which I am totally fine with), and many of them got loose at the roots. And its all smushed together and feels like carpet.Will it separate its self eventually? I don't want everything to dread together back there...What would you guys suggest?Oh and by the way, I have thin, fine, naturally dry curls.Thankss bunchessAngela :)
updated by @lapis-angela-lazuli: 02/14/15 10:41:50AM
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
I'm sorry if I put them in wrong section :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well you still should seperate them! thats the 1 maintenance that is worth doing

lok in the guides for the ripping/popping/seperating guide and seperate them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads will grow together if u let them

twisting is 1 poor way to prvent that but twisting pulls the hair in too tight causeing the hairline to recede into the dreads the roots thin and break and you slowly go bald popping is a better option it doesnt over tighten the roots it doesnt tighten them at alkl just seperates the connecting hait[rs to keep the dreads seoerated

--
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Ok! I just don't know what's going on back there anymore. It's like jungle!Loose hair and still intact dread mashed up together... I don't think I can separate anything yet.I don't know what to separate lol.

soaring eagle said:

well you still should seperate them! thats the 1 maintenance that is worth doing

lok in the guides for the ripping/popping/seperating guide and seperate them

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
I understand! I'll just let them be for a week, and see if I can try separating them by popping them.Because right now, I'm not sure what's going on. I don't think its tangled up enough popping them.
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Oh, and my hair is naturally thin and fine...I hope that won't cause any issue with dreading.... :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u pull 2 dreads away from eachother are any hairs conecting the 2?

thats what u have to seperate

if yiu wait too long they are hard to seperate

if you do it too often no harm done theres nothing to seperate

only way you could do harn doing it too og]=ften is if your going natural and pulling would be dreads apart b4 they had a chance to become dreads

but since u have defined sections dreading you can pull them away from eachother 20 times a day if u wanted but i would do it fairly often like weekly after a wash

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nope

tho if u were twisting still it would probly end up thinning way more severely now that your not twisting just seperating it will dread fine

Angela Lee said:

Oh, and my hair is naturally thin and fine...

I hope that won't cause any issue with dreading.... :(

--
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Ok! Thank you so much for your advice! I'll try separating them next wash!.

soaring eagle said:

if u pull 2 dreads away from eachother are any hairs conecting the 2?

thats what u have to seperate

if yiu wait too long they are hard to seperate

if you do it too often no harm done theres nothing to seperate

only way you could do harn doing it too og]=ften is if your going natural and pulling would be dreads apart b4 they had a chance to become dreads

but since u have defined sections dreading you can pull them away from eachother 20 times a day if u wanted but i would do it fairly often like weekly after a wash

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form