dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose Hairs

Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
12 years ago
79 posts

Hello everybody,

I've been going neglect since around last August or July, well in the last few day i noticed more loose hairs popping up in dreads that didnt use to be there. Im not really freaking out just curious is this gunna happen before they get tighter? This happened after not washing my hair for 3 days.

updated by @valentin-the-jellyfish: 01/13/15 09:23:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

typicaly u see more loose hairs right after washing they then settle down till next wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

Is it loose hair growing from the scalp of hair coming loose from the length of the dread? I was on a trip, riding in a friend's car. The seat had a small tear in the upholstery. I kept feeling my dread catch on it. it pulled a decent sized strand of hair loose from the dread. and it was a solid dread to begin with. There are things in our environments that can do that. A rough edge on the band of a hat, a splinter in a wooden bead, a kitten using a dread as a toy. lots and lots of things. and if it is loose hair from the scalp...don't worry. That is just hair growing in. Your dreads have been growing and forming for 8 or 9 months. New hair grows in constantly. It usually blends in so you don't notice, but when it gets to a certain length it will just jump out and say "Hi, Hello, Here I am!!!"

Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
12 years ago
79 posts

haha i dont mind the loose hairs on the scalp but dreads that were tight have random loops of loose hair and it happened after NOT washing my hair for like 3 days.

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

I have this too, Im only a week in tho, But Is this how new dreads are made or is this something we need to sort out?? Its like the near the top about a few inches before the root it feels knotty then at the end it feels nitty, but in the middle it looks like smooth hair? and thats where the hairs a coming out. Im fine to leave it if its jut my head making more dreads. But I am a lil confused.

Valentin the Jellyfish said:

haha i dont mind the loose hairs on the scalp but dreads that were tight have random loops of loose hair and it happened after NOT washing my hair for like 3 days.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

judst leave it its all part of the process

christina popejoy said:

I have this too, Im only a week in tho, But Is this how new dreads are made or is this something we need to sort out?? Its like the near the top about a few inches before the root it feels knotty then at the end it feels nitty, but in the middle it looks like smooth hair? and thats where the hairs a coming out. Im fine to leave it if its jut my head making more dreads. But I am a lil confused.

Valentin the Jellyfish said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
derek3
@derek3
12 years ago
10 posts
Ii have the same thing going on. Had bands at scalp for a few days but took them out with fear of my hair overtaking them. About an inch from scalp down to scalp is loose. I'm guessing the new hair growth enter right in the dread or at least will tighten up eventually at the scalp. I'm Derek by the way. I'm a noobie dready. See my page for photos and I think I uploaded a Vid too.
derek3
@derek3
12 years ago
10 posts
Lmao, good one SE! That's great.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form