Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just a dreading question,

Mariah
@mariah
12 years ago
9 posts

So this will be the fourth time i've dreaded, and the only time I paid someone to do them. She did a great job and I do not regret it. I'm just wondering about therubber bandsshe put in. About a week after, they were still very tight, then even a week after that the same. So I loosened them and i'm noticing kinks and weak spots. So of course i started reading but I get a lot of back and forth answers, do it, don't do it, only put them on the tips... blah blah blah. I know to just let them grow and not worry too much but of course I am. whadya think?

updated by @mariah: 02/15/15 11:16:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

take them out they should never have been inm even 2 days how did she do them paying someones the worse mistake u can make

were they crochetted did she use wax were they flipped through the roots

if yu paid its guranteesd they did it wrong

were you told not to wasgh? or even wet the hair for up to w year?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mariah
@mariah
12 years ago
9 posts

i will take them out thank you,

She didnt use any wax, but has had dreads for 10 years. I dont know if shecrochetedthem but they do seem to be braided, but not flipped through.

she told me to wait at least two weeks to wash to let them settle. she had great reviews and thats why i paid her.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

rubber bands issues

1. weak spots like you already have
  2. constriction preventing knotting
  3. kniots form around them so even after 2 days removing them undoes progress
  4. thery get completely swallowed and dry rot inside the dreads or:
  5. they melt into a sticky mess that u can never get out
  6. they break leaving peices inside dreads
  7. they leave dents

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

all reviews are from that day typicaly everyones happy to have dreads the day they get em even if they have to start over a week later they still had great reviews thats how dreadheadhq stays in business despite a 90% disatisfaction after the 1st few weks was a needle used to poke at them over and over was the dread forced through a gap in the roots thats what the braiding at the roots sounds like if not if it wass just braided thats a problem too as that braid cant move unbraid and dread up and ..wash your hair washing helpsd dreads dread telling you not to wash is proof that they dont know a thing about proper dreading

Mariah said:

i will take them out thank you,

She didnt use any wax, but has had dreads for 10 years. I dont know if shecrochetedthem but they do seem to be braided, but not flipped through.

she told me to wait at least two weeks to wash to let them settle. she had great reviews and thats why i paid her.

--
Mariah
@mariah
12 years ago
9 posts

I do and have washed, now that the bands are out i can see its not braided. its sort of twisted?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

there was 1 loctician we found that had "good reviews" even though the pictures on the site were scary as hell not dreads but massive liberty so]pikes like u saw in the 80s on punk kids 4 inch basaes almost only 10 "dreads" standing straight up almost 2 feet caked in at least a pound of wax

other loctuicians with "good reviews" cakesd a freinds hair in liquid latex..yes rubber she was blond but the rubber black her whole house akll furniture everything got covered in black rubber

if the worse u got was screwed up braided roots your lucky

all u ever hasd to do to dread was not comb

u should find out what exactly she did to you tho

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm was she black did she do twists or twist n rip if tnr then your reallly lucky and got the 1 in 10000 locticians that arent terible but if she just twisted and thats all it was a ripoff tho your dreads dont look like twists it looks crochetted to me

glad u ignored the no washing thing

Mariah said:

I do and have washed, now that the bands are out i can see its not braided. its sort of twisted?

--
Mariah
@mariah
12 years ago
9 posts

Thats really bad. i went to her specifically beause she uses no product,that'svery very sad to hear someone getting rubber like that. I will call her and figure it out. Iappreciateyour words

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the fact she uses no products is good..maybe but alot of them then think crochet is a good option which breaks alot of hairs and really slows progress and makes them very high maintenance

what did she recomend as far as maintaing thenm that may give a clue

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form