dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wash and rinse in metric please

Green Head
@green-head
12 years ago
31 posts

hey hey hey,

could anyone tell me the measurements for the baking soda wash and apple cider vinegar rinse but in metric please???

also where do i add the essential oils and how many drops so that my hair don't smell like ACV?

thanks x Love on ya x

updated by @green-head: 01/13/15 09:22:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

we dont know the exact measurenents in any system we just sort of estimate

so what i use is a average juice pu[]itcher

i coc=ver the bottom with baking si-oda maybe a lil les then a centimetern then a frew droops of each oil and about 4 liters water

same ammount acv for mature dreads waty less young dreads

you wont smell like vinager even without the oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Green Head
@green-head
12 years ago
31 posts

thankyou, i've pretty much been doing it right then,i've just wanted to check, thanks very much!!!!

Green Head
@green-head
12 years ago
31 posts

also, i'm not looking at them until they're longer now, just gonna wrap them up or wear a loose hat, that wont harm them will it?

just gotta keep separating them coz they're ALWAYS eating eachother, i want to put acrylic yarn round them but not quite sure how....lol.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

embroidrry thread or hr=emps better

if u wrap em up or wear a hat aslot u will have to seperate even more that encourages them to eat eachother

leave em loose as much as u can

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you don't want to look at them till they're older or longer, either take down your mirrors, or get some cloth and cover them up for a few weeks or months if you can manage it that long. Eagle made a good point to just look at your locks in their shadow. You won't see every imperfection and dwell on it

Flea
@flea
12 years ago
9 posts

If you are afraid of smell from the ACV (The smell goes away when your hair is dry) but if it makes you feel better, just take a spraybottle, add a bit of water and some nice oils and spray it on after you shower. I use teatree and rosemary oils.

Smells wonderful.

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
12 years ago
102 posts
The smell from vinegar rinse is awesome. Yea it smells a bit like vinegar, but it's a pretty good smell. I use a cup (250ml) in 2 liters, though...I don't think you need a 4 liter pitcher unless you have dreads to your feet like SE. I use 5 drops rosemary/lavender per liter water and 3 drops peppermint/tea tree (by SE's measurements it should actually be 2,5 drops) per liter. I use like 20-40g of baking soda per liter, it's quite aggressive stuff so don't just throw in the 40g, make sure 20g doesn't set your scalp on fire.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form