Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing for the first time

patrick donahue
@patrick-donahue
12 years ago
8 posts

hey i just started my dread about 4 days ago and i am about to wash for the first time. i was wondering what will help my locks tighten more 1.) baking soda rinse or 2.) dreadheadhq shampoo.

also i was wondering since i went with the backcombed method this time around should i wear a stoking cap while i wash?

if recommended to go with baking soda what should my "recipe" be for new dreads?

updated by @patrick-donahue: 01/13/15 09:22:37PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Deff BS. Never use DHHQ products. First, they are just bad for your locks. Second, it tends to leave a silky residue that will slow down locking significantly.

Use about 3 cups to a quart of water, depending on how long your hair is with 2tbls in the 3 cups or 5-6 tbls in a quart. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Rinse it out really well then use about half a cap of Apple Cider vinegar in 3 cups of water. Rinse that out right away. Don't let it sit.

Don't bother with a stocking or anything like it. You need to let the water run through your hair. If it doesn't they won't lock up. Washing regularly is what makes your locks develop,

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadheadhq crap will give u horible dandruff never use nothing from them no stocking thats stupid that6 wilk undo more oprogress oulling it on t6hen antp-ything

baking soda u dont touch nio scrub so why worry

just wash

i hope u didnt yuse wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form