Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq dreadwax used once regretted forever never wax dreads

Remiss
@remiss
15 years ago
40 posts
Sounds like my story dude... only used it the first day and some of my dread still got wax. I did the removal but I had 2 dread that became hard in the middle and wax impossible to get out. I just combed them and wash it really well. Now they are going natural way since last week and it's not that bad.and yeah , FUCK WAX, FUCK DHHQ
updated by @remiss: 07/23/15 06:27:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
and i bet now that they are wax free they dread 3 times faster naturaly then any backcombed ones that were ever waxed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
im gonna retitle

--
Remiss
@remiss
15 years ago
40 posts
yep youre right. they already started to lock... it sure worth the price of the dewaxing process soaringeagle said:
and i bet now that they are wax free they dread 3 times faster naturaly then any backcombed ones that were ever waxed
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
its so rediculouse that they promice mature locks faster but the reality is dreads dread 3 times faster without wax Remiss said:
yep youre right. they already started to lock... it sure worth the price of the dewaxing process

soaringeagle said:

--
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
i just found two more in the back of my head with some residual wax buildup in them. fortunatly they were almost completely loose hair. All i did was wipe it off (for the size of the dread, a full wax removal isnt worth it) and twist and rip the hair. What i figured was that the wax on the outside of the hair has not problem being washed away or worn off during normal activities, its on the inside where it gets built up. This way i doubt the minuscule bit of wax will cause too many problems.Now this puts me in a unique position. I have tried almost every method of dreading for about an equal time. So in order ill review from best to worstBest: Natural - the ones that were completely left alone are very rope like. Although there very wavy there tighter than all my other dreadsBackcombing: Although they fell out pretty easy, the one dread in the front of my head that was VERY tightly backcombed is ridiculously tight. Not as tight as the natural ones but its also not so wavy so its kind of a compromiseTwist and rip: Most of these guys are pretty fluffy but holding together well. Seems pretty decent, nothing too specialWorst: Backcombed and waxed: The dreads that were initially backcombed and still had residual wax came apart so easily it was rediculous. No knotting going on at all. Aesthetically, they looked just as good as all the other baby locks but after i removed most of the wax and twistnripped they are MUCH thicker
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
can u believe they even suggest wax for natural dreads?

--
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
can you beleive they even suggest wax period? soaringeagle said:
can u believe they even suggest wax for natural dreads?
Снегурочка
@снегурочка
15 years ago
8 posts
Here's a recipe to remove wax that may work (I hear it's wonderful!). In fairness, I pulled it from a dread site that pulled it from another dread site ( http://dreadlocktruth.com/community/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=196 ):Grab a big bowl of warm water, or hot-ish if you can stand it. (as hot as possible)Add 3/4 cup of baking soda,8-9 drops of tea tree oil,2 table spoons of lemon juice,and 2 table spoons of sea salt,stir and stir until it's dissolved.Soak dreads in the bowl or use a squirt bottle or something similar to apply it to your scalp and dreads.Grab a towel and wrap it around your head and leave it there for around half an hour, or more.Rinse it out, really well. And that's it!Good luck.
Remiss
@remiss
15 years ago
40 posts
I don't think its so simple to get all the wax out. I can tell you by experience that it requires a lot of work...here's the way to get rid of that sticky shit ! http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it said:
Here's a recipe to remove wax that may work (I hear it's wonderful!). In fairness, I pulled it from a dread site that pulled it from another dread site ( http://dreadlocktruth.com/community/index.php?name=Forums&file=... ):

Grab a big bowl of warm water, or hot-ish if you can stand it. (as hot as possible)
Add 3/4 cup of baking soda,
8-9 drops of tea tree oil,
2 table spoons of lemon juice,
and 2 table spoons of sea salt,
stir and stir until it's dissolved.

Soak dreads in the bowl or use a squirt bottle or something similar to apply it to your scalp and dreads.

Grab a towel and wrap it around your head and leave it there for around half an hour, or more.

Rinse it out, really well. And that's it!

Good luck.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form