Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what to use in between washes to keep dandruff under control ?

Michael garza
@michael-garza
12 years ago
6 posts

i just got my dreads 3 days ago and im not planing on washing until monday . but i can feel my dandruff acting up so whats a good oil to keep my dandruff under control ? ive heard to just put some tea tree oil on a cotton ball and rub it on ur scalp but i need some more info on it first before i try it

updated by @michael-garza: 02/14/15 09:20:30AM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

tee tree directly on the skin isnt a good thing im pretty sure, that stuff is very strong and can easily irritate your scalp. rosemary is great for the scalp though and controlling dandruff.

if you are really itchy though try 100% pure aloe and dabbing that on your itchy spots.

Michael garza
@michael-garza
12 years ago
6 posts

ok so rosemary will work for a direct apply to the scalp and i can leave it on my head rite ? i dont have to wash it out ? and will aloe vera gel work to ?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if your itchy wash why wait till monday? wash today

thers no sud=bstitute fir washing

how did u 'get" your dreads

that word always worries me

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

no no i wouldnt apply any essential oil directly to the skin, none that i know of anyway. mix it with water in a solution, however you want, there are so many recipies on this site for anything really.

the aloe can be directly applied to the skin if need be. 100% aloe.

Jeff Mitchell
@jeff-mitchell
12 years ago
14 posts

Whenever my head feels really itchy, I spray a fresh bit of mint tea on my scalp. It seems to work for me IDK if it is really effective for dandruff though. I make the tea by boiling fresh leaves from a plant that I have in my garden and then i put the water in a spray bottle. Im not really an expert though lol.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

mints tingleand cool hiding the itch dont realy do alotto help the cause of the itch tho

--
Jeff Mitchell
@jeff-mitchell
12 years ago
14 posts

Of course, good point.

soaring eagle said:

mints tingleand cool hiding the itch dont realy do alotto help the cause of the itch tho

Michael garza
@michael-garza
12 years ago
6 posts

well im afraid my backcombed dreads arent going to stay together if i wash it now ...but if i do how much baking soda should i use ? and i just read that u can use rosemary directly on the scalp for help itchy scalp

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

washing helps em dread no matter how long u wait they will loosen some but will dread just fine in fact many ppl say the more they wash the faster they dread

well ..everyone uses a diferent ammount haha from a couple spoonfuls to 1/3 cup ...per 3 cups water

ive never measured only pour by what looks good so cant say use exactly this much but the average is 1-2 tablespoons per cup water

not very much acv at all at 1st

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form