Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Purchasing shampoo, any advice?

Kelly S
@kelly-s
12 years ago
6 posts

I've been browsing the sites shampoos and I'm officially stumped. Its been about 4 months since I've stopped brushing. My hair is knotted in the back and is slowly dreading in the front as of about a month ago! I use ACV and baking soda rises 3 times a week and occasionally Dr. Bronners. I don't even know where to begin choosing a new shampoo, but I have heard only good things from dreadlockssite shops. Should I go bar or liquid?

Is there a specific shampoo that you would recommend for me? Has something worked for you and you would like to share your knowledge?

updated by @kelly-s: 01/13/15 09:22:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the www.dreadlockshampoo.com ones are amazing and if u have hard water those are the way to go for sure

mayleess are nice too if u dont have hard water

the dreadlockshampoo ones the liquids made to help young dreads lock up

the bars are absolutely the best fir mature locks but are good for younf-g dreads too except those that dread very slow or atre very tangle resistent

tho everytime i use the bars im knotty as can be abp[nd have to seperwate alot

i would probly go with the liquid a couple months then try the bars

thers a few others in the shops that are pretty worthwhile some i havent tried so cant tell u for sure

but the dreadlockshampoo ones get tons of great revuiews and raves so id give em a try and i know from my experience i doubt id ever use anything else ever again

they just keeo my dreads o clkean and healthy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm inbetween. I started with Dr. B's and loved it. For years it was the only soap I ever used. Once I found this site, and heard of Dreadlockshampoo.com, and that they were my neighbors, I felt like I should try them out. I use bars, cause my locks are mature. I have to say that I loved it. For me it was a little harder to rinse out than Dr. B's but not like it left a residue.

That being said, If you found a soap that you like and can easily get hold of, why switch? There's nothing wrong with Bronners. If it works for you, then there's no reason to stop.

But if you are bent on looking around, try out Dreadlockshampoo.com. liquid soaps are much better for baby locks, like Eagle said. Once they mature, you can keep using liquid, but bars wont hurt them

Kelly S
@kelly-s
12 years ago
6 posts

I'm seeing if another washing method makes my hair different. I don't know what it is, but my hair has been a lot more red and lost a lot of deep brown color ever since I started using BS/ACV rises. And Dr. Bronners doesn't work unless I'm at my parent's house because I have hard water where I live. My hair feels heavy and gross after I use it a couple times in a short period.

But thank you for the advice, I will for sure get myself a bottle! Thats what I was thinking originally, I guess I just needed to hear it from an expert.

Thanks again! <3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form