Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

after 5 weeks

Erin Kochera
@erin-kochera
12 years ago
16 posts

So after 5 weeks post TnR this is what I have on my head. Pretty much all of the back hair came loose..dreadies turned to loose hair. The front, sides and the upper/top back stayed in. The dreads that are still in are pretty much loose roots and ends with a good knot in the middle section. How long will it take for the roots and ends to start knotting up?

updated by @erin-kochera: 01/13/15 09:21:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awhile

thats just how dreads progress

if u backcomb or tnr they loosen 1st then dread the roots will not be tight for months

yoyr doing fine

in c=fact the roots wont be tight till nearly mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

They do tend to loosen when you've done stuff to them to give them a bit of a start, but it's cool, you just leave them be and they'll still lock up.

Green Head
@green-head
12 years ago
31 posts

lol i TnR'ed. my hair isn't very long at all and i have about an inch or loose root which is cool REALLY good knotting in the middle but they're all loose at the ends and everything i did at the crown fell out, but FUCK IT :) they'll be fine and they'll find their way home as i'm sure yours will :)

Candace2
@candace2
12 years ago
5 posts

I am in the same boat as you. Mine are only a week old but i am impatient. I want the WHOLE strand to feel like the middle of the dread does. But sometimes wearing a wool hat around helps. Be patient. You arent alone on this dread journey

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form