dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting natural dreads?

caels
@caels
12 years ago
1 posts

Hello dreadheads!

My name is Caelidh (it's pronounced Kaylee, I know, funky spelling) and I live in Humboldt County. WOO! :) Anyways, I've been researching dreading methods for about a year now and have decided to go all natural. It's been about two weeks since I stopped brushing my hair and began using baking soda as shampoo. I was wondering if anyone could give me insight into how to actually separate & begin making individual dreads. I've read a lot about twist and rip, but I'm not sure I completely understand it.

Also, I shower a lot at my boyfriend's house and I do not keep baking soda there but he has this goat's milk soap that also contains palm kernel oil. If I were to use this on my hair, would it hinder the creation of my dreads?

One Love,

Caelidh

updated by @caels: 01/13/15 09:21:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the shampoo might

u dont "create individdual dreads" the hair sectioins itself then starts tio dread

if dreads form too big or try to combine (at the roots typical=y) pull thenm away from eachorther and rip the connecting hairs

you should try to do this weekly when they start to dread well

sometimes u may need to more or less it depends fast dreading means more ripping usualy

natural dreading means lertting nature do tghe work for you so u do not twist and rip or anything like that

sorry idf theres more typos then usual my eyes been blurry all day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form