Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts

Alright so when I started my dreads I didnt do anything with my part and now not sure what to do. If I leave it be will I still be able to manipulate my locks when they are more mature? (right now I can't throw my hair up beacuse of the part) I'm afraid the only way to fix it is to start over and I don't want to do that, I love my dreads and how far they have come in such a short period of time. What should I do about it?

updated by @danika-skalet: 01/13/15 09:21:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

parts usualy disapear and become more like a mane

just toss em around alot shake em out they will go every which way and your part will slowly dsisapear

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts

Awesome, thanks. I kinda figured it'd go away with time (with lots of hoping)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yeah, as you wash and dry and get messy, they will move around and suck in hairs that are on different parts of your head. It'll disappear really quickly. Wearing a tam once in a while will help this along faster, but it's notnecessary.

What do you mean that you can't put your hair up right now?

LordMoe
@lordmoe
12 years ago
23 posts

maybe this is a silly question, but what do you mean by part? do you mean your hairline?

Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
When I try to pull it back the front locks pull uncomfortably, I can pull it back in a low ponytail just not a high one. By part I mean the center part (well mine isn't exactly centered but slighty on the right)
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

gotcha. That's probably due to either them being too short, still. Or that your roots are too tight. How did you start growing your locks? When I first started mine, and had bands at the roots for a little while, I had that same discomfort on the front locks. As your roots loosen and grow out, that pain will go away

Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
Come to think of it its not an uncomfortable pull jus more that it doesn't pull back like all theway ( like doesn't cover the part) had to try and pull it back to remember. I jus quitbrushing, had them start congoing on me so spent a few hrs separating them a week ago now I jus have a bead on each one, I don't use bands and try not to put beads up on the roots
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well if the roots are loose, then it's just a matter of a few weeks more, maybe a month till they start to tangle and that part will disappear.

Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
Awesome :-D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form