Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

All my awful dandruff has GONE!!!

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I ditched sea salt months ago as I found it dried my scalp and made the dandruff worse, plus my hair didn't need any help dreading up.

And I also forgot to say I do my final rinse with cold water, which I think helps the dandruff, but also just makes my hair feel nice lol xxx

updated by @rachel-nattydee: 07/22/15 10:02:32PM
Blessed Earth Mama
@blessed-earth-mama
12 years ago
72 posts

Well I haven't used any salt yet and I probably wont considering it might make me feel worse! And your right SE I need to be better about the water temp. Cold water just makes me feel awful so I try to avoid it. I guess I really need to do better with that. And I love your idea about spraying your scalp with the water/oil mixture too Rachel!

I guess I will shoot for washing 2 times a week instead of one. I just worry about washing too much. My first time dreading I didn't wash for the first month! :/ Which I now know is wrong and wash once a week. But over washing can dry out your scalp too... Ugh just want my head to feel better and now I have to worry about not messing up the dreading process on top of it..

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

Oh btw it wasn't my idea, I got that advice on here, I knew nothing before I came here, but it really does work, stops the itching right away. Don't fret about the process, it will happen in it's own time and each stage can be celebrated... Good luck! x

Blessed Earth Mama said:

Well I haven't used any salt yet and I probably wont considering it might make me feel worse! And your right SE I need to be better about the water temp. Cold water just makes me feel awful so I try to avoid it. I guess I really need to do better with that. And I love your idea about spraying your scalp with the water/oil mixture too Rachel!

I guess I will shoot for washing 2 times a week instead of one. I just worry about washing too much. My first time dreading I didn't wash for the first month! :/ Which I now know is wrong and wash once a week. But over washing can dry out your scalp too... Ugh just want my head to feel better and now I have to worry about not messing up the dreading process on top of it..

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form