Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sometimes I find scabs on the back of my head

LordMoe
@lordmoe
12 years ago
23 posts

Hello. I mostly wash my hair with the Baking Soda + Sea Salt and ACV rinse. Sometimes, though, I will scratch the back of my head and find a scab back there. Has anyone experienced this?

updated by @lordmoe: 02/14/15 09:06:19AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

do u use any oils bad scalp conditions like dandruff if its extreme or psoriasis can cause something like that scratching too can cay[use sores the oils should help but u can try the shampoos everyones raving about too if the oils dont help enough

try adding teatree and rosemary at least

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LordMoe
@lordmoe
12 years ago
23 posts

I have used teatree and rosemary but I cut back on them because I wanted my hair to be dryer

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will not make your hair less dry but dry your scalp too myuch and..scabs

your over drying probly over doing sea salt too

use the oils and no more scabs

--
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts
I have no experience with this, but how close are your dreads to your scalp? It could be because the hair is pulling on your scalp. You may also be scratching too much.
LordMoe
@lordmoe
12 years ago
23 posts

my hair isn't dreaded much yet, so I don't think it's hair pulling on the skin

I don't really scratch it much either

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its not comom]=n but some ppl have a topical alergy to bs they can eat it but on skin causes trouble

but its more likeky over drying with the salt and skipoing the oils

--
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

It could be scalp blemishes, too, LordMoe. You can get zits on any skin surface on your body.

You might scratch one and then... scab. It sucks but I've gotten a few.

Oilier skin types, drier skin types, doesn't matter. Anyone can get a zit, even on their scalp.

If it's not a blemish then it could just be clusters of dead skin cells; natural exfoliation. Since we don't brush our hair any longer our scalp doesn't get the exfoliation that it used to.

When I do my BS wash I make sure that I rub gently but thoroughly in my scalp all over. Also, I use a fine tipped squeeze bottle to get the BS solution all in my roots.

LordMoe
@lordmoe
12 years ago
23 posts

hmmm, anyone of those could be true really

Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
12 years ago
87 posts

I get them sometimes if I wait a little too long between washings. I think it is actually built up skin cells, not from an injury to the skin.

Maybe try easing into the BS/ ACV routine by doing a weak shampoo wash every other time? Give it time to adjust. Ive found that my scalp is a lot happier with me in doing this.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form