Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tips tricks and feedback, please?

AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

Okay, my dreads are about 3.5 weeks old. I'm getting used to the frizzies, and the escapees. I sleep in a tam, because my hair is long, and I've always slept in a hat. When I get the itchies, I use a peppermint tea spray. I use organic homemade flax seed gel as a locking gel. I use sea salt to tighten right before I shampoo. My shampoo is handmade from an organic reishi mushroom bar soap. I dry completely after every shower, preferably in the sun. The locks in back, near my neck, are a LOT tighter than the ones closer to the front. They're smoothing out already, and almost feel like mature dreads, although at this stage I don't think they could possibly be anything close to mature yet. Any tips on how to improve my routine? And is it normal for some dreads to mature faster than others?

updated by @allornothing: 01/13/15 09:20:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nah that sounds great and yea you sleep on the back the back matures faster thio u dont think what u see or feel is anything close to mature haha just tightening faster doe to sleeping on em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

I mean, I've felt what natural, mature dreads feel like, and they seem close. VERY dense, very smooth. And about half the length of the rest of my hair. I know they can't possibly be actually mature, but they're pretending really well haha XD

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Hmm... I dunno about the flax gel. It's great for your gut, but that stuff is like cement when trying to clean it off something (when u let it harden in a tupperware or something) so it isn't something I'd personally put on my dreads. I say forget about locking gels and just let them be.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

depends how its made the gel from dreadlocksamooo.com is flax seed based but its boiked and extracted that waty so t doesnt harden doesnt get hard to remove at all

but yiur right cause linoleum floors are made ftom flax sed oil that hardens

the oilsare i believe cold o]pressed from the seed then t hardens

not the same as when u boil the seeds

Whip Thehooper said:

Hmm... I dunno about the flax gel. It's great for your gut, but that stuff is like cement when trying to clean it off something (when u let it harden in a tupperware or something) so it isn't something I'd personally put on my dreads. I say forget about locking gels and just let them be.

--
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

Yeah, I boiled the seeds, and to make sure it wasn't going to do anything icky, I smeared some in a scrap piece of wool and left it for 3 days before I ever tried it in my hair.

soaring eagle said:

depends how its made the gel from dreadlocksamooo.com is flax seed based but its boiked and extracted that waty so t doesnt harden doesnt get hard to remove at all

but yiur right cause linoleum floors are made ftom flax sed oil that hardens

the oilsare i believe cold o]pressed from the seed then t hardens

not the same as when u boil the seeds

Whip Thehooper said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

smart move ;)

--
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

Yeah, I didn't want to do anything that could harm them, and I wasn't gonna just slap something on there that was untested.

soaring eagle said:

smart move ;)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form