Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo is NOT SAFE for baby dreads!

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

I knew i wasn't gonna be able to wash my locs for a few days and I was not coping with my dandruff very well so i decided to experiment with an anti-dandruff shampoo-big mistake.

I tried to just use a little only on my scalp without lathering up my dreads too much, and I rinsed very thoroughly. Well it did get rid of all the dandruff, but i am not happy with what it did to my dreads. My locs have gone really soft and lots of the little knots have come out, the ends that had not fully looped but were getting there are now totally smooth and loose. The main thing you can notice is they have lost all their volume and look flat. I used to have fat bouncy dreads but they look thin and greasy now ; (

It just shows the difference washing makes - For the last 4 months I have only washed with BS & AVC twice a week, which I will be going back to as of today. Fingers crossed they get back their old shape and texture after a couple of washes, but of course i've set back my progress somewhat.

I won't be trying that again, regardless of my dandruff levels.

Lessons learnt...

updated by @rachel-nattydee: 01/13/15 09:19:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Add teatree and Rosemary oil see your BS and maybe peppermint, and you have no more dandruff or need for dandruff shampoos

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

I use 20 drops of rosemary, 20 drops of lavender and 5 drops of tea tree in with the BS wash and the same again in the AC rinse, and I have noticed much less dandruff than at 2 months, but if I go to day 4 without a wash it gets bad again. I knew I wouldn't be able to wash it for 5 days so I was worried and tried the evilness.

I'm going to get some peppermint oil tomorrow, how many drops should i add of that to what I'm using already?

Many thanks x

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form