Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Info and advice about TnR?

Mel M
@mel-m
12 years ago
8 posts

I used TnR as my method yesterday, my hair is very soft, I tried to dry it out with some sea salt water first but it was still very soft the the semi-dreads I have formed are not very tight and just kind of.....half assed? but still very much on their way to being dreads.

So my questions...

At the bottom of my babies my hair is still about an inch of unknotted hair, Will the ends of my dreads dread on their own if left un touched or will the middle dread better than the ends? Is there something I can do to help the bottoms along?

My roots? Do I need to touch these? Use a technique? Or do anything to them? Or if left alone to dread on their own will they?

Is it okay if here on out if I just washed my hair properly with natural soap and occasionally used a sea salt spray and did nothing else? Do I need to be consistently TnR my hair or doing anything to it or can I just sit back and wait out my dread journey from here on out?

New to the dread world so any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

updated by @mel-m: 01/13/15 09:19:08PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Just leave them alone. The sea salt spray is good, but don't leave it in long. Just spray it on maybe an hour or so before you wash. If you leave it in too long, it will irritate your scalp and cause itchies.

The tips should not lock. If they do, it's ok, but it's better for your hair if they don't. Those wispy ends help water drain out of your hair. If you blunt them, water will get stuck and make it a pain in the butt to dry. If they blunt on their own, let them, but don't try to force it.

The roots will mat eventually. There's nothing you need to do to lock them. Look at pictures of mature dreadlocks. They were not always that long. it takes years to form fully mature locks. In those years hair still grows. If the roots didn't lock, you'd see a few inches of lock, and then the rest would be straight hair. There will always be an inch or 2 at the root that isn't matted. But in time this will tangle too.

Check out this link. It gives a decent list of info for new comers to the dreadlock world:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/top-secret

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form