Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baking soda wash vs dreadlock shampoo bar

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

I washed my hair mmm about 3 days ago with a dreadlock shampoo bar and it took FOREVER to dry. Today i did the bs/acv rinse and 15 min later my hair is only slighty damp, whereas with the shampoo bar it was still dripping wet.

Just something i noticed... Why is that?

updated by @lindsey3: 01/13/15 09:18:55PM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts
I had the same problem. My hair also felt heavy like it left a lot of residue. I think it might have something to do with it being an olive oil based soap. I think my hard water is preventing it from rinsing out completely. If I do a sea salt rinse after washing it helps a bit but not enough for me to keep using it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the beer should make it rinse fine in hard water it was created just for hard water so i dunno

1 thing it could be is the bs acv changing the water nmaking it evaporate faster

i notice absolutely no difference

it could also just be conditional

temoerature humidity airflow

uit might dry at diferent speeds on diferent days

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

I wouldn't use lemon juice, though

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

I used the maylees garden shampoo bar.. i ordered it off here http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/Mayleesgarden

i got the tea tree and orange and the nag champa.. been useing the tea tree one.. i just thought it was weird that it took so much less time for my hair to dry when i used the bs acv.. hmm strange. but im going to use the shampoo bar again in a couple days and see if it soes the same thing.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

oh. maylees sucked for me too. it left my hair sticky feeling especially at the roots and it took forever to dry. i use them for my body now.

treeofdread
@treeofdread
12 years ago
10 posts

I have used Dr. Bronners bar soap and liquidsoap and I to have felt alot of build up it seems from them. I cansqueeze my dread then rub my finger together and it feels alittlegrimey.I'm not to sure how hard my water is but this past week I havejust beendoing the bs wash with no acv rinse and it has gotten rid of any build up I felt and they feel nice and dry. I feel like the bs wash cleans my hair better than anything but I love building up a lather with the soaps, it just feels cleaner. Also since I have been dreading and washing with residue free shampoos and what not I have noticed my hair drys ten times faster than it used to without dreads using regular shampoos.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form