Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

itchy sore scalp

mercy ~
@mercy
12 years ago
44 posts

maybe its because of this shampoo? im not sure i had no problems with the baking soda

updated by @mercy: 07/22/15 07:43:52AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

aklternate then the backing sida does exfoliate and remove dread skin so that maybe why are u using the liquid or bar the liquid helps young dreads dread faster by-=ut the bar is luxurios the clay gets u very clean and the bear moisturizes dry scalp

try the baking soda weekly maybe

once the scalp settles down u can slowly transition to full time shampoo

but once tge scals a mess u will have to treat it for a bu=it and the oils are really what u need to have a lasting effect

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

it could be that your allergic to one of the ingredients in the soap. maybe go back to bs washes and see if that remedies it.

mercy ~ said:

maybe its because of this shampoo? im not sure i had no problems with the baking soda

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you're scratching that much, you're creating scabs. That's probably adding to the itch. scabs itch when they heal. Get a little spray bottle and fill it with pure water, if you can't get the oils (the oils would be much better, but I understand if you can't). Put the bottle in the fridge. That'll chill it down so when you spray your head, it'll be a nice cool soothing feeling. It probably won't work when you put oils in, because oils tend to coagulate in cold temps, but for plain water it's perfect.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I just though of it. You know what would also help... Get a second spray bottle and again fill it with pure water, but mix a little sea salt into this one. A little while before you shower, spray your scalp with this mixture. It'll suck a lot for a few seconds because salt on wounds is never fun, but it does help clean them and sanitize them. When you wash, rinse really well. get all the salt out. You'll feel much better. the salt will clean the sores and leave your head feeling kind of tingly, but not so itchy. Do this ever time you wash for a week or so. By the end, the itchies will be gone and the scabs will be healing right along.

Stick with your locks. We've all been through itchy phases. It's part of the process. They do end

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form