Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I had a very similar issue. Only thing I could tell you is to start letting them congo around the bald spot. grab a few that are close together, but on different side of it, and put a bead on them. If it hasn't started to close up in a few months after stopping crocheting, it might be time to take some action and force a few to combine.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

actualy crochert recovery can take over 6 months so if its only been a couple give it more time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I love fatties. I've got a bunch of them, but If they are really that fat already, you might want to ask Eagle if it's worth looking into using a razor blade to split them apart. Once they are thinner they might fill in that space too. I didn't realize they were already big

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

instead of combinning 2 fatties into a mega fatty sencourage loose hairs to form several thinnies betwen fatties this makes it more blended a more full look u can have 3 massive fatties and seem like huge gaops between or 400 tinies with no gaps betwen (unless way over tightened like sisterlocks)

but if its thin next to thicj=k next to medium they tend to blend fill in gaps and look great

let em recover from crochet mor and seoerate as koose hairs appear in the gaps the loose hairs fill the gaps with soft hair thwt then will become new babvy dreass and solve the problem for good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
baby britt
@baby-britt
12 years ago
112 posts

i have the same problem.. i think it's from over-maintenance. i let someone else palm roll the HECK out of one of my dreads, and i've been able to see my scalp ever since. and it's been at least 6 months. perhaps just give it some time? how long as it been since you've crocheted?

elke.in.alaska
@elkeinalaska
12 years ago
90 posts
Isnt that like the center of the spiral on the top/back of your head? My hair naturally falls away from that as well and so I let those be sections around that but as they locked up I found that to be irritating and overly sensitive so I grabbed one on each side and joined them. It'll be a fatty but at least that weird hole and sensation is gone :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form