Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To congo or not to congo, thats the question

Lucas Tucas
@lucas-tucas
12 years ago
18 posts

Well i think that there is a discussion about this, but this is what i think and what i am going to do

I love a head with many congos and i really love to see a head with looots of fine dreads

I am only 1/2 year, so what i am going to do because i cant decide if i want to separete to have lots of dreads or let them congo

So what i'm going to do is this firsts years separate them and then if see that i want congos let them congo

Is nothing special what i wrote, but i want it to share here

updated by @lucas-tucas: 01/13/15 09:18:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i wouldnt congto till they thicken ansd matur

then i wouldnt let em get too giant

i didnt let mine confgo till 18 or 19 years in

well not intentionaly had a couple accidental ones

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Yeah, might as well separate them for now and if you later decide to let them congo, you can. Mine are already as thick as I want them, so I keep them separated

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I feel the same way. My hair is already trying to congo in a few spots. I want to let it do its own thing, but it seems to me it would be much harder to separate one huge guy than to combine two small ones later on. :)
Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
12 years ago
95 posts

Hey!

I'm also 6 month into dreading and my hair is congoing at a couple spots. So far i let it

happen cause these combinations make sense to me. 2 small ones get a little bigger by congoing.

The longer I'm in, the calmer i get, cause my hair seems to know exactly what to do :-)

But if the congoing sections would'nt be close together i would separate them.

Good progress to all!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I started with 23 5 years ago. it wasn't until I was a few years in that I decided to congo them together into 12. You should let them be thin for a while and see if you like that. If you're interested in congos later you could tie them together later and see how you like the feel of really fat locks. If you like them, keep them wrapped until they congo or put beads int them to help them along. If not, you can just the wrap off and keep separating them

Lucas Tucas
@lucas-tucas
12 years ago
18 posts

Hey Baba thats a great idea,

I could see how is to have congos, the weight, looking

Thanks

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

the weight is not going to be much different than if you had them all separate. It's how you like how they fall.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form